Foreign workers in the UAE from all professions can now sponsor family members to live with them- as long as they earn a certain salary that can support them financially.
Sponsoring a wife and child
If a male worker earns a minimum salary of Dh4,000 or Dh3,000 plus accommodation costs, his wife can also move to the UAE under his sponsorship.
The couple must submit an authenticated marriage certificate, translated into Arabic by a certified official.
In some cases, a Muslim resident may be allowed to sponsor two wives if he meets certain terms set by the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs.
A daughter can be sponsored up to any age if she is unmarried, and sons can be sponsored up to the age of 18 – unless studying abroad, when the son can be sponsored up to the age of 21. New graduates are offered a one-year residence visa, with a one-off fee of Dh100, though that will be extended to two years soon.
Proof must be provided of education, and a deposit must be placed with the Directorate. The student must enter the UAE once every six months for the visa to remain valid.
Step-children can be sponsored if accompanied by a no-objection letter from the child’s biological parent.
Who Can you Sponsor for a UAE Family Visa?
It is easier for a male expatriate to sponsor his family members to the UAE than it is for a woman. If you are a man who is on the UAE on a Residence Visa, you can bring the following family members on a Family Visa to the UAE:
- Your wife. If you are a Muslim resident, you may also sponsor two wives but you must meet certain terms set out by the GDRFA.
- Your sons. You can sponsor your sons only if they are 18 or under. If the sons are over 18, you can still sponsor them but only if they are students, and only up to the age of 21. Additionally, if the sons are over 18, they must enter the UAE at least once every six months if studying abroad otherwise their UAE visa will be canceled.
- Your daughters. You can sponsor your daughters only if they are unmarried.
- Your parents. You can also sponsor your parents, provided you meet the following conditions:
- You sponsor both parents unless one of them has passed away
- You pay a deposit as a guarantee for each parent
- You get your parents a medical insurance policy
- You have a monthly salary of AED 20,000 or a AED 19,000 plus a two-bedroom accommodation
Documents Required for a UAE Family Visa:
The documents needed for support a UAE Family visa application includes:
Ø UAE visa application form (will be processed by Tafsir team)
Ø Passport copies of the family member/s being sponsored
Ø Passport- size pictures of the family member/s being sponsored
Ø Medical clearance certificate for any family member over the age of 18
Ø Copy of the sponsor’s employment contract or company contract
Ø Proof of monthly salary the sponsor earns
Ø Legalized marriage/ birth certificate
Ø Proof of accommodation, such as the registered tenancy contract
Ø The latest utility bill.
Can a Woman Sponsor Her Family Members for a UAE Family Visa?
Yes, she can but the criteria for a woman to sponsor her family to the UAE are higher than for a man:
- The family members she can sponsor are her husband and her children.
- She has to earn a monthly salary not lower than AED 10,000 or alternatively AED 8,000 plus accommodation
- She must work as an engineer, teacher, or a profession related to the medical sector (doctor, nurse etc)
- In certain cases (and only with approval from the DRND), if the woman has a sufficient monthly salary, she could qualify for sponsorship even if she isn’t employed in one of the aforementioned categories
- If she has a husband who can sponsor the children instead, she is not allowed to do it herself. It must be the husband.
How to Apply for UAE Family Visa?
Family visas for the UAE can be sponsored by either the expatriate or his/her employer. As a foreign resident, you must submit a UAE Family Visa application within 60 days of receiving your own UAE Residence Visa.
Applying for the entry permit:
Before your family members travel to the UAE to join you, you (or your employer) must apply for an entry permit to allow them in the country in the first place. We will apply for your family members’ entry permit; you just need to provide all the required document and rest all undertaken by Tafsir team.
Applying for the UAE Family Visa:
The UAE Family Visa is a type of residence visa, and as such, you have to submit it on behalf of your family members after they are already in the country on an entry permit.
We provide assistance for the following types of visas.
Ø Investor visa
Ø Business Partner visa
Ø Employment Visa
Ø Residency Visa
Ø Work Permit
Ø Multiple Entry Visa
Ø Transit Visa
Ø Long-term Single-Entry Visa
Ø Short-term Single-Entry Tourist Visa
Ø Student Visa
Ø Parents Residence Visa
Ø House Maid Visa
Our Supreme Features:
Free Collection & Delivery
Secure and Confidential
Ready to Get Started?
Click here to get the quote, one of our friendly advisors will get back to you as soon as possible.